Global licensees have created an array of offerings inspired by the second film in The Hobbit Trilogy, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, which hits theaters Friday.
The film, produced by New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures, is supported by product across multiple categories including toys, apparel and publishing and created in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
"The richly imagined world of Middle-earth continues to captivate the imagination of fans around the globe, and we are privileged to work with our renowned licensees to bring fans products that keep the adventure going even after the credits roll," says Brad Globe, president, WBCP. “As excitement builds for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, fresh offerings inspired by the film will further drive anticipation for The Hobbit trilogy and delight fans for years to come."
Co-master toy licensees The Bridge Direct and Vivid Group have catered to discerning fans with an assortment of detailed action figures, collectors figures and role play accessories that bring the films' characters and epic quests to life.
Additional licensees include:
- LEGO with building sets inspired by the film;
- Weta Workshop with replicas based on effects that Weta created for the film;
- The Noble Collection with high-end collectibles;
- Ravensberger with puzzles;
- HarperCollins Publishers with companion books;
- Bioworld with apparel; and
- Rubies Costume Co with costumes, accessories and dress-up clothes.
Products are available now at retailers worldwide and at HobbitShop.com.