Warner Bros. Television Group, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and Eight O’Clock Coffee have teamed up to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the series premiere of "Friends" with a Central Perk pop-up shop and product program.
A pop-up replica of Central Perk, the neighborhood coffee shop frequented by the characters on the sitcom, will open in Manhattan’s SoHo neighborhood Sept. 17.
The shop will serve free cups of Eight O’ Clock coffee, including the limited edition Central Perk Roast specially created for the occasion.
The fully functioning pop-up coffee bar will remain open through Oct. 18 and will also feature signature props from the show including Central Perk’s iconic orange couch and a range of in-store promotions.
Other highlights of the Central Perk pop-up shop will include:
- Special appearances by actor James Michael Tyler who played deadpan barista Gunther on the show;
- Photo opportunities on a re-created Central Perk set;
- Weekly in-store performances akin to Phoebe’s improvised songs;
- Friends-themed merchandise including Eight O’Clock Coffee’s Central Perk Roast and other bagged coffee varieties; and
- Special activities and giveaways on Sept. 29, National Coffee Day.
The limited edition Central Perk Roast coffee will also be available at grocery and mass merchandise stores across the U.S.