Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment are planning to launch the Superman Hall of Heroes, an online gift-giving portal that empowers consumers to honor their personal heroes.
The program will debut on May 13 with a ceremony in New York City’s Times Square that will see the induction of an inaugural class of notable heroes.
Among the heroes that will be inducted are:
- Paralympian medalist Alana Nichols
- American actor, film director, producer, screenwriter, author and activist Christopher Reeve
- Celebrity chef and philanthropic community supporter David Burke
- Marathon legends, Dick and Rick Hoyt (Team Hoyt)
- Professional baseball player and civil rights activist Jackie Robinson
- National teacher of the year Jeff Charbonneau
- Founder of Tiny Super Heroes Robyn Rosenberger
- FDNY commissioner Salvatore Cassano
- Medal of Honor recipient Sal Giunta
- Professional basketball player and community activist, Shaquille O'Neal
“For more than 75 years, Superman has inspired us to achieve heroic feats, act with moral integrity, and embrace our individuality,” says Brad Globe, president, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “Today, WBCP and DC Entertainment are honored to launch the Superman Hall of Heroes, which pays tribute to everyday heroes who embody the attributes we admire in the Man of Steel.”
The Superman Hall of Heroes program will spread good will throughout the year with The Red Cape Crew, a community outreach initiative that will perform random acts of kindness in markets across the country. The Red Cape Crew will contribute to local community efforts and follow the examples set by heroes to make the world a better place, one good deed at a time. Fans can volunteer with and follow The Red Cape Crew at SupermanHallofHeroes.com/redcapecrew.
Ranging in price from $4.99 to $145.99, Superman Hall of Heroes offers unique gift giving packages available at multiple options and levels, giving consumers the opportunity to pay tribute to those who have made a positive impact on their lives or the lives of others. Each package comes with an induction certificate and permanent listing in the Superman Hall of Heroes. Additional package options include apparel and accessories, housewares, sports equipment and more. The Superman Hall of Heroes online gift-giving portal is currently only available to residents in the United States.