Warner Bros. Consumer Products is getting ready to celebrate the 75th anniversary of The Wizard of Oz in 2014 with a long list of new licensees for the classic film.
Master toy partner Jazwares leads the toy lineup for the program with a range of 5-inch fashion dolls, play sets and role play accessories inspired by the film’s iconic characters.
The Jazwares line will be complemented by three new Pink Label The Wizard of Oz Barbie dolls from Mattel as a part of the Barbie collector line this year. The dolls will be modeled after the original actresses who played Dorothy, Glinda the Good Witch and The Wicked Witch of the West.
Additional products planned for the 2013 anniversary include:
- A plush bear dressed as The Wicked Witch from Steiff;
- Hand and finger puppets from Puppet Heap that will be sold in packaging that converts into a puppet theater;
- A jack-in-the-box with a plush Dorothy from Schylling;
- A Toto doll from R.J. Wright Dolls intended to accompany its Dorothy doll;
- High-end dolls from Tonner and Adora;
- A themed train-set with yellow train track from Lionel Little Lines;
- 12-inch plush dolls from Alexander Doll;
- Figures, wooden toys, puzzle games, clip-ons, banks and sound and motion dioramas from Round 2;
The program will be rounded out by a series of game offerings from USAopoly. The first game to hit shelves will be The Wizard of Oz Monopoly game this summer. The game will feature a custom-illustrated pop-up board center that showcases key locations in the film, as well as custom-sculpted farmhouse and Emerald City play pieces that will replace the traditional houses and hotels. USAopoly is also planning Wizard of Oz 75th anniversary editions of The Game of Life and Memory Challenge.
“No film in history is more recognizable than The Wizard of Oz, and in the lead up to its milestone anniversary, we are working with a number of key licensing partners to commemorate this legendary story,” says Karen McTier, executive vice president, worldwide marketing and domestic licensing, Warner Bros. Worldwide Consumer Products. “We are so thrilled to build a licensing program that will allow fans to celebrate the magic of Emerald City for years to come.”