Viz Media has added several new partners for the popular Naruto Shippuden manga and anime property.
Viz Media is the global master licensor for the brand, which was first introduced in Japan in 1999 and has become one of the country’s most popular ninja manga properties.
Among the new licensees planning product for the Naruto Shippuden brand are:
- Bandai Namco Games America for the video game “Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution,” which will be available for Xbox 360, Playstation3 and PC digital download in September. A co-promotion with card game developer Cryptozoic Entertainment will give fans a special bonus Mecha-Naruto collectible trading card with purchase of the video game.
- Bandai Co. will debut the articulated Naruto Uzumaki character figure as part of its S.H. Figuarts collectible line for the first time in North America.
- Cryptozoic Entertainment will launch a Naruto Shippuden deck-building game in July. Fans will gather and use mysterious Chakra power to confront and defeat S-rank criminals and explore distant lands to become the greatest ninja ever.
- Gecco will unveil a limited edition, collectible, 1/6-scale statue of the ninja exclusively at San Diego Comic-Con International in July.
- Japanese beverage distributor JFC International will bring Naruto Shippuden-themed version of its Ramune soft drink to U.S. retailers this summer.