Universal Partnerships & Licensing has signed a raft of new deals for classic film brands like Animal House, Sixteen Candles and E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial.
New deals include:
- Junk Food Tees has signed a global apparel deal for Animal House, Back to the Future, The Breakfast Club, Dazed & Confused, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial, Half-Baked and Sixteen Candles;
- American Classics will create an apparel range for the U.S. featuring Back to the Future, Blues Brothers, The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles;
- Jerry Leigh of California is planning apparel ranges for Curious George and Jaws to be sold in the U.S. and Canada;
- Also for the U.S. and Canada, MJC is preparing sleepwear and bedding for Chilly Willy and Woody Woodpecker;
- Pearson Education has signed a worldwide publishing deal for Babe: Pig in the City and Dragonheart;
- Other publishing agreements include a global deal with Chicken House Publishing for Billy Elliott and a partnership with Redan Publishing for Curious George in the U.S. and Canada;
- House of Denmark is planning snack food featuring Curious George in the Nordics;
- Curious George will also appear in a series of promotions for the ferry service Stena Line Scandinavia in the Nordics, Denmark, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Poland and the U.K.;
- Immediate Media has signed a publishing deal for Jurassic Park in the U.K. and Ireland;
- Wood Woodpecker has a trio of new partners in Brazil: Festcolo Artigos de Festas (party supplies), Piffer & Cia (stationery, social expression) and Top Cau Ind. E Com. De Chocolates (candy); and
- Rubie’s Masquerade has signed up to make Scarface costumes and accessories in the U.K.