Universal Orlando Resort and Warner Bros. Entertainment have revealed details about the Diagon Alley area that will be added to the theme parks The Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction this summer.
The addition will double the size of the themed area dedicated to Harry Potter's adventures and will include a new ride, as well as themed shops and dining.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure theme park in 2010 and already includes a Hogsmeade area, complete with Hogwarts castle.
Universal's creative team is working closely with the production team from the Harry Potter films to make the new area as authentic as possible–after arriving at a replica King's Cross Station aboard the Hogwarts Express, guests will pass through London and the iconic brick wall archway into Diagon Alley.
Features of the new area will include:
- The new multi-dimensional ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, which will let riders navigate their way through the Gringotts vaults;
- The ability to witness a wand choosing a wizard at Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands;
- Discover the darker side of magic in Knockturn Alley, a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a variety of Dark objects such as Death Eater masks and skulls;
- Explore some of Diagon Alley's famous shops including Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, Magical Menagerie, Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment, Quality Quidditch Supplies, Scribbulus and the Leaky Cauldron; and
- Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour, which will feature frozen treats in a variety of unique flavors such as strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice cream.