Toys ‘R’ Us U.K. has revealed its own list of top holiday toys, following the release of its U.S. counterpart’s list Wednesday.
TRU U.K. expects more than 20 million customers to come through its doors this season, and is planning for action and role play toys to make a “massive comeback.” The retailer expects gaming systems to remain on the top of lists though, especially with new PlayStation and Xbox consoles on the market for the first time in a while. Two other competing gaming systems will battle it on out the shelf this season with Disney’s Infinity and Activision’s Skylanders SWAP Force going head to head.
"We have the expertise to pull together a good all-round selection of gifts representing a compilation of all of the favorites that are expected to be the most popular toys,” says Mike Coogan, marketing and eCommerce director, TRU. “As experts in the industry, we also have a broad selection of craft toys, board games and an abundance of outdoor toys, bikes and games tables in the U.K., which has enabled us to assess the most popular gift choices."
Toys ‘R’ Us U.K.’s Terrific Twenty:
- Angry Birds Star Wars Telepods from Hasbro
- Chasin’ Cheeky from Hasbro
- Cra-Z-Loom bracelet maker from Cra-Z-Art
- Disney Infinity starter pack
- Doc McStuffin’s doctor’s bag set
- Flutterbye Flying Fairy from Spin Master
- Furby Boom from Hasbro
- Kidizoom Twist Plus Camera from VTech
- Kurio 7S tablet
- LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra
- LEGO City Coast Guard Patrol
- Monopoly Empire from Hasbro
- Monster High 13 Wishes dolls from Mattel
- Nerf N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike
- PlayStation4 from Sony
- RoboFish & FishBowl
- Skylanders SWAP Force from Activision
- Squeeze Cup slushy maker from Chill Factor
- Xbox One from Microsoft
Hasbro's Telepods figures for "Angry Birds Star Wars 2"