Toys ‘R’ Us U.S. has launched redesigned versions of its Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com e-commerce sites with revamped navigation, new functionality and the addition of social shopping features.
“Our e-commerce websites receive more than 450 million visits annually, and we are proud to introduce a new look and enhanced functionalities to improve the shopping experience for our customers,” says Fred Argir, senior vice president and chief digital officer, TRU. “Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com are the go-to destinations for a broad assortment of toys and juvenile products, and we have implemented helpful, interactive features, such as a new social shopping component that provides customers with insight into the most popular and trending products, plus improved navigation capabilities, that will make it easier to find the right gift for a child or expectant parent.”
New features include:
- Toy and baby boards–shoppers can now organize their most-wanted items in toy and baby “boards” that can then be shared with family and friends via Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
- New homepage and site navigation–the homepages now have a cleaner design and layout with a larger space for featured products and promotions. Shoppers can now also move seamlessly between Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com with high-profile tabs on each site.
- More product details–the product detail pages have been enhanced with bigger and brighter images and will also feature customer-supplied images and videos.
- The Savings Center–a new one-stop destination that lets customers access their local weekly ad, current specials and clearance items.
- The Gift Finder–this refreshed tool lets shoppers search a broad assortment of items by age and budget to find the ideal present.