Radar Licensing, exclusive worldwide licensing agent for the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre film series, has lined up a roster of licensees to celebrate the franchise’s 40th anniversary.
A restored version of the 1974 film was screened at April’s South By Southwest festival and at the Cannes Film Festival earlier this month.
The classic horror film will return to movie theaters around the world this summer, and licensees including NECA, Rubie’s, Funko and Star Cutouts are planning a wide array of new merchandise for fans worldwide as part of the celebration.
Among the product planned for the anniversary is:
- New action figures, retro-style clothed dolls and “scalers” mini-figures from NECA;
- Posters, tin signs, calendars, playing cards and funky chunky magnets from NMR;
- T-shirts from Impact, Plastic Head and online licensee Fright Rags;
- Rubie’s will be bringing back their “classic version” Leatherface mask and also adding a new Miss Leatherface costume to their extensive TCM range;
- Funko will have new 3 ¾-inch figures alongside their blind box and Pop vinyl figures for the brand;
- Cardboard standees from Star Cutouts; and
- Limited edition art prints from Grey Matter Art.