By Robert Scally<br><br>
These shoes were made for collecting.
NFL master apparel licensee Reebok made it possible for football fans to own a piece of Super Bowl XXXVI with the launch of the new limited edition Classic Leather XXXVI.
Only 2002 pairs of the Classic Leather XXXVI were made, and each was individually numbered and emblazoned on the outsole with a logo from the two Super Bowl teams, the St. Louis Rams and the New England Patriots.
A first for the NFL, these collectible shoes are part of the Reebok Classic collection and feature:
- Helmet depictions of each Super Bowl team on the outsole.
- Individual numbers, 1-2002.
- A Super Bowl key chain attached to each pair.
- Patriotic feel stemming from a red, white, and blue Super Bowl XXXVI logo.
- The Classic Leather XXXVI was available beginning February 1 at the NFL Experience, Foot Locker, and Champs Sports stores in New Orleans at a suggested retail price of $75.