Genius Brands International has signed a roster of new licensing partners for Stan Lee’s Mighty 7 (SLAM 7), the animated film trilogy created by Stan Lee’s POW! Entertainment and Archie Comics.
The SLAM 7 trilogy encompasses three 90-minute films, digital comic books and an animated television series that is set to debut in 2015. The Hub Network holds the world premiere rights for all three movies starting with the first film installment, Beginnings, which will have multiple airings this month.
New consumer products partners for the property include:
- Factory Entertainment as the brand’s worldwide toy licensee;
- Video game developer Black Lantern as worldwide video game licensee;
- Zak Designs for mealtime and on-the-go products for the U.S. and Canada (set to debut this fall);
- Fame Jeans for board shorts, flip-flops and headwear in the U.S. and all apparel for Canada;
- Greensource for apparel in the U.S.;
- Adtn International for board shorts and sleepwear in the U.S.; and
- JCorp for all apparel in Canada.
- All the new licensees plan to launch product this spring.
Additionally, Cinedigm, the brand’s exclusive home entertainment partner in the U.S., will release the first movie installment, Stan Lee’s Mighty 7: Beginnings, initially exclusively at Walmart and Sam’s Club in April.
International distribution of the trilogy and the upcoming TV series outside of the U.S. is being handled by PGS Entertainment, which recently secured its first international deal with ABC Television Australia.
“Stan Lee has proven his ability to create timeless superheroes time and time again,” says Andy Heyward, chairman and chief executive officer, Genius Brands International. “His characters and storylines are legendary, and with an all-star cast bringing Stan Lee’s Mighty 7 to life, the global marketplace is excited to be aligned with anything Stan touches.”