Nickelodeon and the Changi Airport Group in Singapore have launched a SpongeBob SquarePants-themed Christmas experience that will be the character’s first airport collaboration in Asia.
“SpongeBob SquarePants is one of the world’s most iconic characters and is beloved by fans everywhere,” says Indra Suharjono, executive vice president and managing director, Viacom International Media Networks Asia. “Nickelodeon is all about creating surprising and playful entertainment experiences everywhere we go. Hence, we are thrilled to collaborate with Changi Airport Group in SpongeBob SquarePants’ first airport collaboration in Asia to give fans and visitors a fun, one-of-a-kind SpongeBob SquarePants Christmas holiday experience.”
Beginning today through Jan. 5, 2014, visitors to Changi Airport will experience:
- The world’s tallest SpongeBob SquarePants’ Giant Pineapple House structure at Terminal 3’s Departure Hall, which will also offer the chance to do some sleigh pedaling;
- The biggest SpongeBob SquarePants bouncy playground in Singapore also in Terminal 3, where kids can take a tumble in the Krusty Krab Ball Pit, challenge themselves in the Pineapple House Maze and cruise their way down giant bouncy slides;
- Giant topiaries throughout the airport depicting SpongeBob and his friends at famous places from around the world including Italy’s Colosseum and Leaning Tower of Pisa, Russia’s St Basil’s Cathedral and Turkey’s Trojan horse;
- Limited edition plush with a new character available each week; and
- Customized Christmas greetings on Changi Airport’s website.