Nerd Corps Entertainment has had a flurry of licensing activity in Central and South America for its boys’ action property Slugterra.
Nerd Corps’ regional agent, Compañia Panamericana de Licencias, helped to broker the deals, which include new partners in apparel, stationary, back-to-school and sporting goods.
The “Slugterra” TV series began rolling out in Latin America in February and the first Slugterra game app, “Slug it Out!,” launched in August.
Toys from Jakks Pacific are set to hit shelves in key Latin American countries this fall including Brazil, Chile, Honduras, Mexico, Peru and Venezuela, with more to follow in spring 2014.
Recent deals added to Slugterra’s slate in Latin America include:
- Carvajal Educacion is planning stationery and paper goods, including notebooks, in Colombia;
- Grupo Industrial Brigitte has signed on to create Slugterra apparel in Mexico;
- Importadora y Exportadora Rosen is planning sporting goods in Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela, Peru, Belize, Dominican Republic and the Caribbean Islands;
- Tai Heng is planning stationery and paper goods in Peru;
- Targmex will produce backpacks and other back-to-school gear such as pencil cases and lunch bags in Mexico;
- Union Kids will develop apparel in Mexico;
- Vivalo Import & Export has signed on for stickers in Peru.