For the first time, Activision Publishing will bring its Skylanders brand to Comic-Con International, taking place this week in San Diego, Calif.
Fans at San Diego Comic-Con will be among the first in the world to get a look into the Skylanders universe, including new toys, and hands-on Skylanders Trap Team gameplay.
Attendees will be able to check out the new Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition starter pack toys and pre-order the starter pack at the Skylanders booth.
The Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition is a collector’s starter pack that includes the special Ultimate Kaos Trap, which allows Portal Masters to trap and play as Kaos when the game launches in North America on Oct. 5.
“In just 33 months, the Skylanders franchise has grown into a pop culture phenomenon,” says Josh Taub, senior vice president of product management, Activision Publishing. “What better way to honor our fans, many of whom attend San Diego Comic-Con, than to give them new ways to experience the game firsthand? With the Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition, #0 issue of the official Skylanders comic and additional surprises to come, we have more to offer fans than ever before.”
Additional Skylanders activations at Comic-Con include:
· Skylanders panel: “Skylanders: The Creative Process of Bringing Toys to Life”–insights into the toys-to-life video game franchise, as well as a major announcement about new Skylanders characters.
· Skylanders costume contest–Activision will award more than $5,000 in cash prizes and rare toys to the best Skylanders costumes at the panel on Thursday.
· First public hands-on opportunities–Fans can be the first consumers in the world to play the upcoming "Skylanders Trap Team" game and receive special giveaways.
· Skylanders fans can get a sneak peek at the new Skylanders Halloween costumes available this fall from Rubie’s Costume Co.
· Mad Libs pop-up shop–Attendees can get their hands on the popular Skylanders Universe Mad Libs, featuring more than 20 original stories.
· Special Kids Day activities–Kids who play the game at the Skylanders Trap Team First-to-Play Tour in the Interactive Zone will receive special giveaways. Fans can also stop by the Penguin Publishing booth to pick up a limited edition Skylanders activity poster.