Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products and a slew of major fashion brands including Threadless, Uniqlo and H&M have unveiled new collaborations featuring The Simpsons.
Drop Dead, Uniqlo and Eleven Paris are the latest partners to release 2014 collections featuring the animated family, joining Converse, Joyrich, A Bathing Ape, Threadless and others.
“What started with a unique collaboration with Jeremy Scott for a winter 2012 collection and a showcase at Fashion Week has inspired new partnerships that identify with the iconic nature of the brand, introducing culture-defining clothing for The Simpsons to the next generation,” says Jeffrey Godsick, president, Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products. “This year, we are excited to introduce new fashion partners that combine high style and classic animation, keeping America’s favorite family in the hearts and on the shoulders of today’s trendsetters.”
Prominent fashion collaborations include:
- Fashion label Drop Dead will release a first-time boutique apparel collection in May/June featuring Itchy & Scratchy;
- Japanese designer/retailer Uniqlo and ultra-contemporary French brand Eleven Paris are also releasing first-time collaborations this spring;
- Also this spring, A Bathing Ape has launched a wide variety of apparel and accessories for men, women and children including varsity jackets, tees, hoodies, sweatpants, beer glasses and baby bibs;
- Joyrich has launched its second Simpsons collaboration of street-inspired looks featuring Bart Simpson including varsity jackets, oversized tees, sweats and accessories;
- Threadless has released 29 exclusive t-shirts designed by artists and fans from around the world;
- H&M is expanding its line for adults and kids;
- Topshop and Topman will launch a branded collection this summer, as will Zara and Zara Kids.