Sanrio has revealed details for Hello Kitty Con 2014, the first official Hello Kitty fan convention in the world.
Presented in conjunction with Target, Hello Kitty Con 2014 will take place at The Geffen Contemporary at The Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles, Calif., from Oct. 30 to Nov. 2.
The convention was developed in celebration of Hello Kitty’s 40th anniversary for fans from around the world to come together and celebrate all things Hello Kitty.
Hello Kitty Con 2014 will present a full lineup of activations including:
- integrated workshops, lectures and panel discussions;
- special appearances and signings with Hello Kitty head designer from Tokyo Yuko Yamaguchi and more special guests from Japan;
- interactive art installations and daily artist signings;
- a Hello Kitty Friendship Station pop-up shop offering convention exclusives;
- a Hello Kitty Super Supermarket featuring a curated selection of vendors offering products and experiences available only at the convention;
- a Hello Kitty retrospective and vintage shop selling rare collectibles from the past;
- product and collaboration previews;
- a tattoo shop;
- photo opportunities, and much more.
Hello Kitty will be on hand for special appearances and to hug fans as part of her global Share a Hug with Hello Kitty! campaign throughout the four-day convention. The Hello Kitty Con ticket also includes free same-day admission ($20 value) to "Hello! Exploring the Supercute World of Hello Kitty," the Hello Kitty exhibition at the Japanese American National Museum, as well as many more free activities and goodies.
To kick-off the convention, Target will co-host a VIP preview event on Oct. 29, where attendees can take photos with Bullseye and have exclusive access to game stations and prizes. Fans can visit “Hello Kitty & Bullseye Adventures presented by Target” during the convention to experience a visual and physical narrative that follows Hello Kitty and Bullseye through a series of fun activation areas.
Sanrio and Target will also develop limited edition, co-branded line exclusively for the convention. A further offering of Hello Kitty 40th anniversary product–from apparel and cosmetics to accessories and toys–will be available beginning Sept. 14 at Target stores across the U.S. and at Target.com.
“Hello Kitty Con 2014 is a testament to Hello Kitty’s remarkable ability to connect with people of all ages and backgrounds in many ways, on many levels,” says Janet Hsu, president and chief operating officer, Sanrio. “It is a celebration of community and a labor of love for Sanrio, and we are thrilled to share this experience with fans.”
Tickets for Hello Kitty Con 2014 are available now for purchase now at Sanrio.com.