Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products is gearing up for the theatrical release of Rio 2 April 11 a flock of all new branded merchandise.
The multi-category global licensing program includes more than 100 licensees worldwide including Jakks Pacific, H&M and Rovio Entertainment.
“The Rio brand has grown immensely in global appeal, and as we celebrate the sequel of the beloved animated film, we are thrilled to introduce new partnerships worldwide with a wide variety of best-in-class brands,” says Jeffrey Godsick, president, Fox Consumer Products. “From unique toys to magnificent books, we are thrilled to bring Blu, Jewel and the rest of the flock into homes around the world as we roll out these new products leading up to the theatrical release of Rio 2 and beyond.”
Highlights of the program include:
- Toys line featuring musical plush, figures, bulk toy and novelty items available now in the U.S. from Jakks Pacific;
- Children’s apparel and accessories coming soon worldwide from H&M;
- Angry Birds/Rio co-branded merchandise from Rovio Entertainment;
- Five movie tie-in books from HarperCollins Publishers;
- The Art of Rio behind-the-scenes book from Titan Books;
- A “Rio” storybook app, based on the first film, from Cupcake Digital is slated for Thursday and will be followed by the official app for the Rio 2 movie April 1;
- Greeting cards, stationery, ornaments and gifts in the U.S. from Hallmark;
- Cake decorating kits, cake toppers and candles for the U.S. and Canada from DecoPak;
- Bath accessories and bedding from Jay Franco & Sons;
- Sleepwear, sportswear and swimwear for the U.S. and China from Bentex Group that will be available at Old Navy, specialty stores and department stores;
- Apparel, electronics, home and bath items and accessories worldwide from Mashon; and
- A Reio Rainforest Adventure 4D attraction by SimEx-Iwerks recently opened at the San Diego Zoo’s Children’s Zoo featuring an immersive rainforest with live macaws, a waterfall and samba music.
Additional licensing partners by region include:
- Asia Pacific–Richprime Global (apparel, bags, accessories, footwear and inflatable toys available in Toy Kingdom and SM department stores in the Philippines, with additional merchandise planned for Thailand and Indonesia).
- Europe–C&A International (children’s clothing), Pez (candy dispensers), Smith & Brooks (outerwear), Aykroyds (nightwear) and Next, Asda, Tesco and Primark (lothing); additionally, Russian partners include 15 licensees across toys, apparel, stationery, homewares, food and beverage and health and beauty.
- Latin America–Grow (vinyl dolls and board games), BBR (plush), Ri-Happy and PBKids in Brazil (toys) and Ripley department stores in Chile, Peru and Colombia (toys, apparel and home décor).