eOne’s Spanish licensing agent, El Ocho Licencias y Promociones, has built a roster of 32 licensees across a wide range of categories, prompting plans for a translation of the official Peppa Pig website into Spanish.
The “Peppa Pig” preschool series launched on Spain’s national broadcaster RTVE in September 2011 and became the No. 1 show on kid’s block Clan TV in its first month. The series was recently picked up by the cable broadcaster Disney Junior.
Highlights of the current Peppa Pig licensing program in Spain include:
- Master toy partner Bandai launched a line of Peppa playsets and figures at retail this fall, based on the Character Options range;
- Toy partner Claudio Reig recently launched a line of Peppa-branded electronic instruments including keyboards, guitars and microphones;
- An assortment of puzzles, educational games, playing cards, puppets, construction sets and ride-ons are currently being produced by licensees Simba, Educa Borras, CEFA and Fournier;
- To generate excitement and drive sales at launch, marketing promotions are being executed with top retailers in the region including Toys ‘R’ Us, El Corte Inglés and FNAC. Beginning this month, TRU customers who spend more than €30 on Peppa merchandise will get a free branded bag. El Corte Inglés and FNAC will also be running retail incentives; and
- An official Peppa Pig magazine launched in August, averaging around 40,000 copies a month and securing the No. 4 spot in the children’s magazine chart.