Nearly 20 companies will extend the classic character’s presence worldwide.
Paws, Inc., licensor of the Garfield property and associated characters, has tapped 19 worldwide licensees to create new Garfield merchandise and campaigns across the globe.
Joining the Garfield licensing program are:
- Anuman Interactive for a game app, titled “Garfield Adventure” or “Garfield Runner,” for use on all PC, Mac, Android and iOS
- Freeze Tag for use of Garfield as a “celebrity” kitty in the “Kitty Pawp” game.
- Kiefernümann for Audi untaggable campaign TV shots.
- American Stationery Company for personalized stationery, stickers, glassware, coasters and gifts in the U.S.
- Apparel Connection for scrubs and lounge pants in the U.S.
- CrownJewlz for journals, composition books, note pads, sticky notes, stickers, gift bags, gift tags and more in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Invicta Watch Company of America for high-end watches in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Ediciones Kraken for a compilation book, titled “Garfield Feliz Navidad!” in Spain.
- Famous Brands Management for use of the characters to promote Wimpy Restaurants in Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland and Zambia.
- Markidis for gift chocolate and chocolate bars as well as an Easter egg with a Garfield premium inside in Cyprus and Greece.
- Any Trading for apparel, accessories, headwear and stationery in China (excluding Hong Kong).
- Goldlock Toys for RC vehicles, battery-operated train sets, a role play set and more in China (excluding Hong Kong).
- Guangzhou Rayken Brand Communication for cosmetic packages in China (excluding Hong Kong).
- Jia Huang (Shanghai) Food & Beverage Management Co. for restaurant and food and beverage products in China (excluding Hong Kong) and Taiwan.
- Saatchi & Saatchi Great Wall Advertising for use of the characters to promote sales of Nature’s Own healthcare products via its online store in China.
- Starmovie Advertising for use of the characters in connection with the promotion, marketing and implementation of six branded run events in China, Hong Kong and Macau.
- Stayreal Co. for apparel, accessories, headwear and stationery in Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and Taiwan.
- The Toy Factory for plush toys in all forms for amusement parks, carnivals, show bags, vending machines and more in Australia and New Zealand.
- WDI Japan for pins at Hard Rock Café Rock Shops in Japan.
Additionally, New Zealand-based licensing agency Global Licensing has signed on to represent the lasagna-loving cat in Australia, Fiji, New Zealand, Tonga and Western Samoa.