LIMA U.K. has announced a slate of top speakers and hot topics for its upcoming Licensing Essentials Course, set to take place May 16 in London.
The one-day educational event will see speakers from high profile organizations such as ITV, the Science Museum, GFK and Trading Standards speak on topics ranging from how to make licensing work in-store, the value of research and protecting your IP.
The day is capped off with the Licensing Debate, featuring a panel of industry leaders taking questions from the audience, and then followed by the Spring Fling networking party.
“In one day participants will get enough information to understand how licensing works, how to go about it, the resources they need and who they need to work with, as well as exclusive insights into trends not available anywhere else,” says Kelvyn Gardner, managing director, LIMA U.K. “Our Spring Fling party in the evening also gives people the opportunity to build valuable business relationships, discuss important issues and catch up with contacts.”
Gardner himself will kick off the day’s speakers with an introduction to licensing. Other speakers will include:
- Maggy Harris from ITV on the role of the licensor
- Gurdev Mattu from Fashion UK on successful licensing from the licensees’ perspective
- Anya Hollis, the Science Museum, on when characters meet culture
- Max Templeman, GFK, on the scope and value of research into consumer products and licensing
- Aysha Kidwai, from retail management consultancy, Indigo Lens, on making licensing work in-store for retailers, licensees and licensors
- Sean Rovai/John McCrohan from Trading Standards on trading standards’ role in protecting IP rights
- Henna Riaz, Managing Partner, 360 Audit on financial know-how
- John Burns, Partner, Gateley Solicitors on legal essentials
Registration is now open for the 2013 Licensing Essentials Course and Spring Fling Networking party at Licensing.org/uk/springfling/. Early bird discounts are available before April 26.