The symposium, conducted in association with the Terry J. Lundgren Center for Retailing at the University of Arizona, will be a one-day event featuring networking opportunities and sessions that focus on achieving success in today’s retail environment.
Paco Underhill, founder and chief executive officer of Envirosell, a consumer behavior research and consulting firm, and author of Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping, will deliver the luncheon keynote address.
“We’re very excited about this year’s program, which will present a highly productive and collaborative environment that brings together key decision makers across the broad-based retail and licensing communities to provide attendees with new ideas and strategies to implement in their own organizations,” says Charles Riotto, president, LIMA. “We’re especially pleased to provide an opportunity for participants to hear from Paco Underhill, an innovative thinker who literally wrote the book on retail.”
Other sessions will include:
• An opening session featuring Neil Friedman, former president of Toys ‘R’ Us and Mattel Brands, who will discuss the process of selling to kids from his perspective as a licensor, licensee and retailer.
• The Things You Need to Know When Presenting and Positioning Your Brands at Retail
• Eight Mistakes You Can’t Make with Retailers in 2013 and Beyond
• Stand-Out Merchandising Strategies
• Retail as Theater: The Resurgence of Event Marketing and Retail-tainment
To register for the 2012 LIMA Retail Symposium visit the LIMA website, licensing.org.