A huge roster of licensors’ have joined Digital Giving’s new app “T-Shirt Booth,” which offers personalized character t-shirts to raise money for charity.
Among the cast of characters included in the free app at launch are Moshi Monsters, Paddington Bear, Ben 10, Babar, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Forever Friends, Lazy Town, Adventure Time and In the Night Garden.
“This is a really fun, innovative way of fund-raising. There is nothing else like it on the market,” says Grant Morgan, co-founder, Digital Giving. “I’m really proud that we’ve developed this unique way of helping charities.”
Fans choose a character, upload their photo and add a personal message that will appear on children’s t-shirts alongside the logo of the charity that the character is associated with.
“T-Shirt Booth” will launch Oct. 7.
“Digital Giving has delivered a simple, contemporary and fun fundraising tool to bring characters and charities together,” says Janet Woodward, director, JELC. “Combining Louis Kennedy’s years of experience and success in cause-related licensing and innovative mobile/digital technology is a stroke of genius. We’re delighted to be involved and urge our colleagues across the industry to join the ‘T-Shirt Booth’ craze.”
Among the charity and character partnerships that will be available at launch are:
- Moshi Monsters for Action for Children;
- Paddington Bear for Action Medical Research;
- Cheeky Little Monsters for Children with Cancer;
- The Froobles for Heart U.K.;
- Rastamouse for Nordoff Robbins;
- Ben 10, LazyTown and Adventure Time (Cartoon Network Enterprises) for Plan;
- Forever Friends for Tommy’s; and
- Bin Weevils for WellChild.
Additional partnerships will be added throughout October and November including:
- My Cat Pip for Cats Protection;
- Humphrey’s Corner for The Children’s Trust;
- Bananaman for Diabetes U.K.;
- Silentnight for Dreams Come True;
- Oor Wullie for The KiltWalk;
- Rachel Ellen Designs for Rays of Sunshine;
- Thelwell Ponies for Riding for the Disabled Association; and
- The Beano for the Yellow Ball Foundation.
Digital Giving also plans to make a number of big partnership announcements during Brand Licensing Europe, Oct. 15-17.