The International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association will present a range of seminars as part of its Licensing University program this year at Licensing Expo to help attendees develop winning retail initiatives.
These targeted sessions are among 26 business-boosting workshops that will be presented as part of the seminar series during Licensing Expo, June 16-19, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev.
This year’s Licensing University sessions will be punctuacted June 17 by a keynote address from Jeffrey Katzenberg, chief executive officer of DreamWorks Animation, will cover a range of topics vital to crafting successful licensing initiatives across the U.S. and around the world. Among the sessions focused on marketing and branding are:
- “Protecting the Brand: Understanding Compliance for Licensors & Licensees” (June 17 11:15 a.m.)–Presenters will discuss how a company’s brand is often its most valuable asset, and safeguarding brand reputation is critical when dealing with licensed goods.
- “Understanding Social Media: What You Need to Know From a Marketing and Legal Perspective” (June 17, 1 p.m.)–This session will help attendees gain an up-to-the minute understanding of the rapidly-changing social media landscape and how to make sense of the latest developments for their companies.
- “Link, Like, Follow Me–Making Sure Licensor and Licensee are on the Same Social Media Page” (June 18, 8 a.m.)–Social media offers fantastic opportunities for companies to showcase their products and brands as well as actively engage with consumers. But when it comes to licensing, numerous questions remain: who owns that relationship, and how can attendees make sure that licensor and licensee are using the same messaging?
- “What to Do When Things Go Wrong” (June 18, 9:45 a.m.)–An essential update on best practices and lessons learned for handling the unexpected. The presenters will help industry professionals understand how to handle licensing challenges and, more importantly, how to recover from them.
- “How to Maximize to Effectiveness of Your Intellectual Property Through Promotions” (June 19 10:45 a.m.)–The speakers will present examples of effective IP applications for growing revenues and the efficient use of promotions as an overlay for increasing the success of a license.
Attendance at Licensing University sessions is via an all-access pass that provides admission to all sessions at a discounted rate of $149 for LIMA members ($169 for non-LIMA members).
To see the full schedule of Licensing University sessions and to register, visit Licensing.org.