License! Global has announced the finalists of the annual One to Watch contest for new creative concepts, held in conjunction with Licensing Expo.
The contest is designed to recognize innovative new properties that are making their debut in the licensing marketplace at Licensing Expo June 9-11 in Las Vegas, Nev.
In order to be considered brands must be exhibiting at Licensing Expo for the first time this year and cannot have been licensed on more than two products prior to Jan. 1, 2014.
A License! Global judging panel selected the finalists from among more than 40 entries based on each brand’s level of originality, licensing potential and alignment with today’s marketplace.
The winner will be announced on the first day of Licensing Expo June 9. The winning brand will receive a media highlight in the Show Dailies, and the winner and all runners-ups will all receive promotional support from both Licensing Expo and License! Global throughout the show and in the year ahead.
"Now in its second year, the entrants in the One to Watch contest truly highlight the vast potential of new opportunities that will be available at Licensing Expo this year," says Steven Ekstract, group publisher, License! Global. "The finalists we have selected are the best of the best. Each presents a compelling and unique brand vision that has wide licensing potential–choosing a winner is going to very difficult."
The finalists of the 2015 One to Watch competition are:
- Bloomers! Edutainment: This children's brand brings the magical world of nature to life with a collection of garden characters and educational materials that engage kids in various gardening activities. The brand started in Southern California schools and has since expanded to include an online world and hands-on kids' gardening products.
- Hye Park and Lune: This casual women's apparel brand has won celebrity fans around the world, and now it's looking to win licensing fans as well with its luxury clothing for the girl on the go. Created by international supermodel Hye Park in collaboration with Lune Couture, the line of everyday apparel focuses on luxury essentials.
- Lil' Ledy: This creation out of Croatia by the design firm Manu merges the aesthetics of Japan and Sweden in a character-based lifestyle brand. Targeted to teens and young women, the brand consists of a range of collections that showcase the character Lil' Ledy in a diverse range of settings including Autumn Apples, Let's Celebrate, Rococo and Summer in the City.
- Motor Marc: Artist Marc Lacourciere (a.k.a. "Motor Marc") is internationally known for his works featuring classic automobiles and motorcycles. His past pieces have featured brands such as NASCAR, Harley Davidson, Easyriders, Indian Motorcycles and Fender Guitar, and he is a regular presence at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally each year. Motor Marc is represented for licensing by C3 Entertainment.
- Nitro Circus: This action-sports entertainment brand combines the skill of the X Games with the showmanship of Cirque du Soleil in a spectacle that features live stunts on a range of contraptions including BMX bikes, inline skates, tricycles and even lounge chairs and rocking horses.
- Zoonicorn: This children's brand stars a group of magical creatures that are a mix between a zebra and a unicorn, Zoonicorns, which visit young zoo animals while they sleep, and join them on dreamland adventures to help gain confidence and learn valuable lessons.