The LEGO Group has unveiled a full lineup up of licensing partners for the upcoming The LEGO Movie from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures, which will debut in theaters in February 2014.
"The LEGO brand has been a vehicle for creative storytelling around the world for decades, so it's no surprise that there is such growing enthusiasm for the first LEGO theatrical film," says Jill Wilfert, vice president licensing and entertainment, The LEGO Group. "We are thrilled to collaborate with our valued partners to build a varied and compelling portfolio of products through which fans of all ages can celebrate this LEGO brand milestone."
Among the products planned for The LEGO Movie program are:
- LEGO building sets and minifigures: A collection of 17 LEGO building sets featuring detailed and functional vehicles and structures inspired by the movie’s LEGO-themed backdrops such as City, Wild West and Space. The LEGO Group is also planning a line of collectible LEGO minifigures based on the 16 new or re-introduced characters in the film. Comic-Con International attendees this week will get a sneak peek at the first building sets for the film.
- New video game: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games are planning a new game based on the film that will join the LEGO video game series. The new game will feature more than 90 playable characters from the film and 15 levels.
- Publishing: Partners Scholastic, Penguin, Ameet and DK Publishing will offer a range of readers, sticker books, activity books and movie guides.
- Apparel: Plans include t-shirts from Mad Engine, Isaac Morris, Kabooki, TV Mania and Casco Blu; hoodies from TV Mania; pajamas from SGI Apparel, TV Mania and Kabooki; and undergarments from Handcraft and Kabooki.
- Accessories: Carry Gear and Grown Up will offer bags, including backpacks and cinch bags; Clic Time is producing clocks and buildable watches; IQ HK is making key lights featuring movie characters; and ROOM Copenhagen is producing a lunchbox, lunch set, drinking bottle and storage and sorting boxes.
- Stationery: MZB Imagination and Funtastic are creating an array of items including notebooks, journals, folders, pens, pencils and pencil cases, erasers, rulers and luggage/bag tags.