Legendary Entertainment has announced a wide-reaching licensing program for its upcoming film Pacific Rim.
Set to debut July 12, the Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures film already has a long list of licensing partners that range from apparel to board games to Halloween costumes.
Partners on board for the summer flick include:
- NECA for collectible action figures, model kits, prop replicas, posters, puzzles, board games and apparel;
- Jump Games for mobile and tablet games worldwide;
- Yukes Company for downloadable console and PC games worldwide;
- Cryptozoic Entertainment for trading cards and trading-card accessories worldwide;
- Titan Books for novel adaptations;
- Legendary Comics for licensed graphic novel adaptations;
- Insight Editions for distribution of the Art Of book;
- Brown Trout Publishers for calendars in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Australia;
- Rubie’s Costumes for Halloween masks, costumes, animatronics and Halloween décor worldwide; and
- Sideshow Collectibles for museum-quality replicas and statues worldwide.
“As anticipation mounts for the release of Pacific Rim, Legendary Entertainment is committed to collaborating with a world-class lineup of licensing partners that will serve as the foundation for a strong merchandising program,” says Joel Chiodi, executive vice president of theatrical marketing, Legendary. “The responses from licensees and retailers have been phenomenal as they embrace the unique opportunity that this property presents.”
The sci-fi action-adventure follows two unlikely heroes who together pilot a massive robot called a Jaeger to fight monstrous creatures called Kaiju that have risen from the sea and are consuming humanity’s resources.