The Jim Henson Company has lined up 30 brands, designers and artists to celebrate the 30th anniversary of its classic TV series “Fraggle Rock.”
The celebration, titled Dance Your Cares Away, will officially begin April 22.
Among the partners helping the company celebrate are:
- FAO Schwarz is hosting a Fraggle Rock feature shop this month at their New York City flagship, which includes an assortment of Fraggle Rock merchandise, special Fraggle Rock signage and select items from The Jim Henson Company archives such as original artwork and costumes.
- Heydey Footwear has created a limited edition line of Super Shift Gobo footwear, available April 22.
- Threadless will host a design contest for art that will be used on a line of adult and children's tees. The contest will run April 22 to May 6.
- Cupcake Digital is planning a series of animated story apps based on the classic series, the first of which, "Fraggle Friends Forever," will soon be available in the iTunes, Amazon, Google Play and Nook app stores.
- Genera is creating an app that will focus on music education for kids.
- Deckdaq will offer Facebook collector card packs.
- Home goods manufacturer ICUP is producing glassware and mugs featuring new 30th anniversary Fraggle Rock artwork.
- Insight Editions will release a coffee table book in spring 2014.
- Walls 360 is creating a line of print-on-demand re-positionable wall graphics featuring more than 30 different Fraggle Rock designs.
- U.K. online retailer Truffle Shuffle will offer a line of upscale adult Fraggle-themed tees.
- The Hub TV network will host a block of “Fraggle Rock” programming April 21.
- Gaiam Vivendi Entertainment plans to release the “Fraggle Rock: 30th Anniversary Collection” DVD set May 14, which includes all four seasons, as well as recently discovered behind-the-scenes interviews
- Archaia is creating an exclusive graphic novel that will be included in Gaiam Vivendi Entertainment's DVD set.