ITV Studios Global Entertainment is ready for a banner year with a number of new and returning shows leading its licensing pushes including “Cut the Rope,” “Digimon,” “Matt Hatter Chronicles,” as well as plans for the 50th anniversary of “Thunderbirds” and for new brand the Village People.
“We’ve had a busy 2013 with new deals and retail partnerships across all of our brand portfolio, underlining the strength of ITVS GE as a licensing and merchandising representation partner,” says Trudi Hayward, senior vice president, global merchandising, ITVS GE. “2014 and beyond will see us building on these foundations, and we have lots to look forward to, from the celebrations for Thunderbirds’ 50th anniversary to the launch of the brand new series ‘Thunderbirds are Go!’ on ITV and CITV.”
- Cut the Rope–A series of animated shorts featuring the app’s candy-munching star Om Nom are now airing on CITV in the U.K. and other networks in France and Spain. ITVS GE manages European licensing for the brand, which has 53 licensees in the U.K. including Vivid as master toy licensee. New and extended collections will launch at the London Toy Fair later this month.
- Digimon–the retro boys’ favorite will return to CITV in the spring with a new season from Saban, “Digimon Fusion.” Worldwide master toy partner Bandai will launch an action toy line that will include collectibles and Digi-Fusion action figures at London Toy Fair. ITVS GE is planning a series of launches in the U.K. in key categories later this spring including gaming, digital apps, toys and games, dress-up, publishing, apparel and DVDs.
- Matt Hatter Chronicles–The third season of the series will launch on CITV this year alongside a multi-territory consumer products rollout. The Simba Dickie Group and its U.K. subsidiary Simba Smoby will launch their Matt Hatter toy range at London Toy Fair and the Spielwarenmesse Nuremberg Toy Fair ahead of a mid-year U.K. retail launch, with wider roll out planned across EMEA in Q4. The toy line includes action figures, role play, remote control and die-cast vehicles, collectibles and play sets. Simba is part of a licensee list that already includes global partners Penguin, Titan, Topps and U.K. licensees appointed by ITVS GE including TDP Aykroyd, Character World, Smith & Brooks, Trade Mark Collections, University Games, VMC and Pedigree.
- Thunderbirds–The classic brand will celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2015, and ITVS GE is getting ready with plans for anniversary product and limited edition ranges. Brand awareness will get another boost when new children’s series “Thunderbirds are Go!” debuts on ITV and CITV, also in 2015.
- The Village People–The disco legends are set to hit the U.K. high street with a brand new merchandising program where ITVS GE represents the brand. Trademark is already signed for fashion apparel and ITVS GE is lining up other licensees for 2014 launches in gifts, homewares, stationery, back-to-school, games, apps and fashion accessories.