Following passionate debate on the Monopoly Facebook page where fans weighed in on their favorite “house rules” for the popular board game, Hasbro has announced the top five house rules that will be featured in future Monopoly games.
The new house rules will be featured in a special of the edition game set to arrive at retail this fall, and will also be included in the classic Monopoly game guide beginning in 2015.
The new rules are:
- Free Parking, Fast Cash–All taxes and fees will be collected in the middle of the game board. If you land on Free Parking, you collect all the money from the middle of the board.
- Dash for the Cash–Landed on Go? You get to double your salary.
- Frozen Assets–When in jail, a player cannot collect any rent money from other players.
- See the Sights–Players must travel around the board one complete time before they can begin buying properties.
- Lucky Roller–Rolled Snake Eyes (double ones)? Collect 500M dollars.