Hasbro returns to Comic-Con International in San Diego, Calif., this week to celebrate its iconic brands and licensed offerings.
Among the brands the toy company is featuring this year are Transformers, My Little Pony, My Little Pony Equestria Girls and Kre-O, as well as licensed toy and game lines for Angry Birds, Marvel and Star Wars.
The Hasbro booth will feature panels, autograph sessions, special edition toys, photo opportunities and giveaways throughout the four-day convention
“Hasbro looks forward to bringing some of the most recognizable brands in popular culture to Comic-Con International in San Diego every year,” says John Frascotti, chief marketing officer, Hasbro. “Connecting with our most passionate fans is extremely important to us, and we are thrilled to offer an incredible lineup of panels, special edition collectibles, giveaways and opportunities to meet the talent behind brands like Transformers and My Little Pony.”
As in past years, Hasbro is also bringing an array of special edition action figures and toys that are now available at the Hasbro Toy Shop booth, as well as in limited quantities after the convention concludes at HasbroToyShop.com.
Highlights of the collection of special edition toys include the Transformers Dinobots action figure collection featuring the breakout stars of Transformers: Age of Extinction, and Marvel's The Infinity Gauntlet and 3.75-inch action figure pack, complete with four exclusive 3.75-inch Marvel Infinite Series action figures and a wearable foam Infinity Gauntlet glove.
“Our brand teams always enjoy creating and developing these unique and highly sought after special edition toys and figures for Comic-Con attendees,” says John Frascotti, chief marketing officer, Hasbro. “These products are crafted with the most passionate fan in mind, and we are thrilled to be able to provide our fans with new versions of their favorite pop-culture, iconic brands each year at Comic-Con.”
Highlights of Hasbro's activities at Comic-Con include:
· Transformers–Today fans will have the opportunity to attend a panel with members of the Hasbro and Hasbro Studios team for an exclusive sneak peak of the new animated series, "Transformers: Robots In Disguise" airing in early 2015. Attendees will also get a first look at the third season of "Transformers: Rescue Bots," airing on the Hub Network in the U.S.
· Kre-O–In addition to the brand's first Comic-Con special edition item (Transformers Kre-O Class of 1984 Kreon 30-pack), a 1984 Kreon collectible poster will be available in limited quantities at the Hasbro booth.
· My Little Pony and My Little Pony Equestria Girls–On Friday, Hasbro invites fans to join special guests from Hasbro Studios and voice talent from the "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" animated series airing on the Hub Network in the U.S. and My Little Pony Equestria Girls the movie as they share details of the making of the popular animated series and a sneak peek into the new My Little Pony Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks movie coming this fall.
· Star Wars–On Friday, Hasbro will welcome Star Wars fans to a special panel with members of the Hasbro brand and design teams as they discuss the popular Hasbro Star Wars line and share a sneak peek of upcoming, never-before-seen action figures from the highly anticipated "Star Wars Rebels" animated series.
· Marvel–Hasbro will showcase the new toy line for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, and on Saturday, fans won’t want to miss Hasbro’s Marvel panel. Join members of the Hasbro brand and design teams as they discuss Hasbro’s popular Marvel action figure lines and get a sneak peek of upcoming action figures.
· Angry Birds–Hasbro and Rovio recently announced they are teaming up in a brand new mash-up: Angry Birds Transformers. Fans stopping by the Hasbro booth will see for the first time the full product line featuring Telepods technology, powered by Retoy. An exclusive, new trailer for the "Angry Birds Transformers" mobile game (available later this year) will also be shown in the Hasbro booth during the show. Additionally, fans will get to see the first gameplay demo of Rovio’s upcoming "Angry Birds Stella" mobile game, available this fall, and experience the Angry Birds Stella Telepods product line. San Diego Comic-Con will also mark the world premiere of the Angry Birds Stella cinematic trailer.