Hasbro has unveiled expansive plans for the My Little Pony franchise that extend the brand into a range of categories from fashion to personal care to gaming.
Inspired by the TV series “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic,” new product for the property will arrive at retail throughout the year.
“The My Little Pony brand is experiencing explosive growth, paving the way for highly thoughtful licensing programs that further extend the brand engagement in new and meaningful ways for millions of young girls around the globe,” says Simon Waters, senior vice president of global brand licensing and publishing, Hasbro.
Among the many extensions for the brand are:
- A new full-length feature, My Little Pony Equestria Girls, launched June 15. Hasbro Studios has teamed up with Screenvision to bring the movie to theaters across the U.S. and Canada, and Shout! Factory plans to release it on DVD later this summer. Key licensing deals include publishing from IDW and Little Brown Books for Young Readers as well as accessories from Fashion Angels.
- The “My Little Pony” game app from Gameloft.
- A series of preliminary agreements European publishers including Orchard Books, Panini, Planeta Comics, Edizioni and Sogur for books in the U.K, Italy, Germany and the Nordic countries. Additionally, long-standing publishing agreements with Little Brown Books for Young Readers, Bendon and IDW will continue worldwide.
- The My Little Pony brand will anchor Hasbro’s expansion in the plush toy sector with a number of licensees primed to launch lines in North America, Europe and LatAm.
- A series of new brand offerings within the fashion and beauty categories ranging from fashion tees to sleepwear to hair accessories and jewelry. Licensees include FAB, Jerry Leigh, Truffle Shuffle, Knitmania, Somerbond, Freegun and Rudolph Stein. An expanded apparel line targeting both girls and women will also roll out at H&M throughout the year.
- My Little Pony personal products from toddler toothpaste from Church & Dwight.
- Party goods from American Greetings and Amscan.
- Bedding from licensees including Franco.