Hasbro will debut its new Telepods virtual toy technology at Comic-Con International in San Diego, Calif., alongside new product for its top brands and licenses including a new Kre-O set for Dungeons & Dragons.
Attendees will be among the first to test out the new Telepods platform, an integrated play experience that “teleports” physical figures into digital games and apps. As previously announced, the first Telepods line to be released this fall will feature Rovio Entertainment and Lucasfilm’s upcoming game app “Angry Birds Star Wars II.”
“Hasbro continues to offer fans many ways to experience its brands including award winning TV series from Hasbro Studios, comic books, digital gaming and of course innovative and collectible toys and action figures based on some of the most iconic characters ever imagined,” says John Frascotti, chief marketing officer, Hasbro. “Being home to many iconic pop culture properties, Hasbro looks forward to Comic-Con International in San Diego every year to celebrate these brands like Transformers and My Little Pony with our most passionate fans and to launch revolutionary new play experiences like Telepods.”
Here are some of the other new product that Hasbro will be unveiling at the show:
- Kre-O: The construction brand will feature a new collection of Dungeons & Dragons building sets, created in collaboration with Hasbro subsidiary Wizards of the West Coast, as well as the new Cityville Invasion line based on Zynga’s new “Cityville Invasion” app. The Cityville sets will also introduce Hasbro’s new Sonic Motion technology, which emits sound waves that trigger movement in special Kre-O bricks, creating a live action scene. New Star Trek, Transformers and G.I. Joe building sets will also be on display.
- Transformers: Fans will get an early look at the new Construct-Bots line of customizable Transformers. Hasbro will also be kicking off celebrations for the 30th anniversary of the brand and giving a sneak peek of special edition action figures for the milestone, including the winner of the first-ever Fan-Built Bot Poll.
- My Little Pony: To celebrate the launch of the feature-length special My Little Pony Equestria Girls the Hasbro booth will feature an exclusive giveaway of a cutie mark and My Little Pony hair extension.
- Marvel: The toy company is adding to its Marvel’s Iron Man 3 Assemblers action figure assortment. Fans will also get a look at upcoming figures for other Marvel lines.
- Star Wars: Hasbro will showcase its new Star Wars The Black Series figures, which will arrive on shelves this fall. The series introduces 6-inch scale figures of Star Wars characters with a high level of articulation.