Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products is commemorating the 25th anniversary of “The Simpsons” with a yearlong global celebration that will feature collectibles, toys, limited edition commemorative products and branded collaborations.
Celebrations kicked off in January with LEGO’s announcement of a new line of The Simpsons products including a Springfield construction set available exclusively online now. In May, LEGO will release a mini-figures product line with 16 of the show’s most iconic and memorable characters, and Fox is planning a special LEGO episode of “The Simpsons” featuring Springfield and the cast of characters in LEGO form this May.
Early this year, NECA will release a limited edition collection of products featuring 25 of the Greatest Celebrity Guest Stars of “The Simpsons.” Promotional Partners Worldwide will release the first Homer Simpson Mr. Potato Head, Mattel’s Hot Wheels brand is planning two The Homer vehicles and Hornby Scalextric is planning a The Simpsons Micro Grand Prix set.
“The indelible imprint on American pop culture by ‘The Simpsons’ over the past 25 years can be witnessed worldwide with fans of all ages spanning the globe, and in 2014 we are celebrating in a big way, in partnership with iconic toy companies rolling out exclusive Simpsons products,” says Jeffrey Godsick, president, Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products.
Other prominent partners participating in the show’s global anniversary campaign include:
- Cardinal Games–The Simpsons 25th Anniversary Trivia Game features 300 trivia questions written by fans and is available now exclusively at Target.
- Commonwealth–a new line of limited edition plush dolls are available now.
- Gemmy–air-blown inflatables and seasonal items featuring Homer and Bart will hit stores in October, just in time for the holidays.
- Hornby Scalextric–The Simpsons Grand Prix Micro Scalextric racing set will be available worldwide in June.
- Mattel–Hot Wheels will release two die-cast The Homer vehicles, one in the brand's basic assortment and another special collector's edition with premium features and styling. Both replicas feature the vehicle seen in the season two episode “Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?.” The Hot Wheels basic version will appear this spring with the collector version debuting this fall.
- NECA–a diverse array of products including figures, collectibles, apparel and novelty items featuring the animated likenesses of 25 of the most celebrated guest stars as they appeared on the show. The first wave of five figures and merchandise will be available in March, with subsequent groups of five releasing each quarter of 2014.