|Lisa Streff, senior vice president, licensing sales, Epic Rights|
Epic Rights has lined up new licensees to develop KISS apparel products that will appeal to every member of the KISS Army.
In an exclusive for License! Global, Epic Rights, the global branding and merchandising company representing legendary rock band KISS, announced several new deals that will include a new line of junior's tops at Target and a collaboration with Major League Baseball.
Since taking over the brand management for KISS, now celebrating their 40th anniversary, Epic Rights has planned a strategic apparel licensing program for the brand.
“We knew we could create a significant apparel program,” says Lisa Streff, senior vice president, licensing sales, Epic Rights. "I called many of the retailers and personally asked them who their top venders were, from quality to design to delivery, and received great feedback throughout every channel of distribution.”
The new KISS licensing deals by Epic Rights include:
- Junk Food Clothing will be the key apparel partner for Epic Rights for high-end department stores, boutiques and specialty retailers for tops for men and women.
- Hybrid Apparel will be a key partner in mass market and mid-tier department stores such as Walmart, Target and Macy’s for tops for men, young men, junior's and kids.
- Fifth Sun will complement Hybrid Apparel in the mid-tier market for retailers such as Shopko and Meijer.
- Signorelli will focus on junior's fashion tops for Forever 21, Rue 21, Wet Seal and Pac Sun. “KISS is making a big play in the junior's department,” says Streff. “You’ll also see that the junior's business in general is taking a big stand with classic rock. KISS is definitely going to be forging that trend.”
- Impact Apparel will serve mom-and-pop/independent stores and focus on classic rock 'n' roll t-shirts.
- Liquid Blue has released a t-shirt line featuring a graphic interpretation of KISS’s iconic “Dressed to Kill” album cover with the band members wearing the uniforms of several Major League Baseball teams, from the New York Yankees to the San Francisco Giants.
- In Canada, Xtreme Worldwide will distribute apparel for young men and kids to the mass-market and department stores; and Philcos will also serve the mass market in addition to specialty retailers such as Hot Topic and music stores.
The apparel lines will include loungewear, outerwear and accessories such as hats and bags. Epic Rights is also planning new products for KISS in the bedding and room décor categories.
KISS will also continue to branch out in high fashion similar to the collaboration with luxury men’s designer John Varvatos earlier this year.