DreamWorks Animation and Fuhu, creator of the Nabi kids’ tablet, have launched the nabi DreamTab HD8 at Walmart and Target.
Combining the latest tablet technology with characters from DreamWorks, the tablet creates an immersive experience designed to transform the way kids learn and play. Alongside the debut of the tablet, Fuhu is also launching Nabi Morpho Pods, a collectible toy line in which kids build their own dragon figures and then digitally bring them to life on the nabi DreamTab.
The DreamTab debuted Tuesday at Walmart and Target and will be available at other select retailers in the U.S. at a later date.
"Fuhu is bringing new levels of innovation to the kids’ tech space so we jumped at the opportunity to work with them to elevate the overall tablet experience,” says Jim Mainard, head of digital strategy, DreamWorks Animation. “Today's kids are savvy consumers, so we enlisted the DreamWorks Animation filmmakers and artists to work hand-in-hand with our innovators to ensure that the Nabi DreamTab would resonate with kids in a big way."
The DWA integrations include newly created content and character moments featuring the stars of franchises such as Shrek, How To Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda. The device also offers inventive parental controls.
With the launch of the Nabi DreamTab, Fuhu has also introduced a range of accessories for kids to personalize the look and feel of their tablet including bumpers featuring DreamWorks characters, headphones, screen protectors, carrying cases and more.
Features of the Nabi DreamTab include:
- Dream Pro Studio–A suite of exclusive creative tools that teach children how to draw, animate, author their own books and edit movies.
- Dream Pen–A high-precision digital stylus featuring the same technology used by DWA’s filmmakers.
- Nabi Konnect–A suite of kid-friendly instant messaging, e-mail and photo-sharing apps.
- Wings Learning System with new Creativity Island–A tablet-based adaptive learning system that personalizes courseware. A new section has also been added to the program, Creativity Island, featuring art education including drawing lessons from DreamWorks' animation team.
- Nabi Play, Nabi Web and Nabi Radio, providing an array of kid-friendly content to explore.
- Treasure Box and Nabi Coins–A store curated for kids featuring movies, music, TV, games, apps and e-books.
- nabi Time Controls–A centerpiece of the parental controls, the new time controls allow parents to set limits for daily tablet and individual app use as well as create rules for their kids to earn extra screen time. Parents can select special animated vignettes created by DreamWorks Animation to come onto the screen at designated times to inform children it's time to study, go outside, go to sleep and more.
- A near-field communication gaming platform, allowing figures, including Fuhu’s new Morpho Pods, to come to life.