Disney Consumer Products has unveiled a wicked new collection of products based on the upcoming Walt Disney Studios live-action film Maleficent, in theaters May 30.
DCP collaborated with a range of top brands including MAC Cosmetics, Stella McCartney, Crow’s Nest, HSN and Jakks Pacific to assemble a product collection that includes designer shoes, couture fashions, apparel, accessories, toys and a deluxe Disney Store costume collection.
Maleficent explores the untold story of Disney’s most iconic villain from the classic film Sleeping Beauty and the elements of her betrayal that ultimately turn her pure heart to stone.
“The Maleficent product collection embodies both light and dark color palettes of the film’s iconic characters and settings,” says Jonathan Symington, vice president and general manager, licensing, Disney entertainment and games, DCP. “From high-end fashions to beautiful dolls and role play, we have produced an enchanting collection to thrill fans of all ages.”
The Maleficent collection is now available globally at select boutiques, national and high-end retailers, as well as select Disney Store locations and online.
Among the items included in the line are:
- A collection of eight styles from Stella McCartney Kids that includes dresses, t-shirts and shoes for kids ages 4 to 14;
- A seven-piece jewelry collection from Crow’s Nest that includes statement rings, an ear cuff and bracelets that evoke the danger and mystery behind Maleficent;
- A range of dark apparel from David Lerner including a black dress with sheer shoulders and leggings;
- Cosmetics from MAC inspired by Maleficent’s evil elegance, including shades for eyes, face, lips and nails;
- An apparel and accessories collection from HSN that includes apparel from Naeem Khan and jewelry from Heidi Daus. Also, on May 27, HSN will begin promoting the Maleficent collection with a 24-hour programming event featuring a collection of clothes, jewelry and home accessories in the spirit of the villainous sorceress followed by Countdown to Maleficent specials;
- A fashion collection at retailer Hot Topic that features seven black pieces with details including faux leather accents, lace trim, skull hardware and a Maleficent charm, as well as two Aurora-inspired pieces;
- Maleficent and Aurora collector fashion dolls, as well as Maleficent’s Glow Horns from Jakks Pacific;
- Pop! vinyl figures of Maleficent and Aurora from Funko;
- A deluxe costume collection and film collection dolls at Disney Store; and
- A range of books from Disney Publishing Worldwide including a deluxe novelization of the film, an illustrated history of Sleeping Beauty from the Grimm fairy tale to the Disney animated film to Maleficent, and an illustrated middle-grade novel based on Aurora's story in Maleficent.