Disney Consumer Products has unveiled a full lineup of Sofia the First products that will be available at retailers nationwide for the first time beginning this month.
Prior to this, merchandise for the preschool property was only available at the Disney Store.
The line includes products from licensees such as Mattel, Jakks Pacific and Jay Franco, with items ranging from Sofia's iconic dress and amulet necklace, home décor bedding and bath accessories to apparel, dolls, plush, a castle and more.
"Since the debut of ‘Sofia the First’ on Disney Junior last year, we have heard from parents whose children have asked for everything from a Sofia doll to her dress and the magical amulet,” says Josh Silverman, executive vice president, global licensing, DCP. “After a successful launch at Disney Store, we're excited to give parents an even bigger selection of products to delight their preschoolers and extend the storytelling. As Sofia and her cast of characters continue to grow, we look forward to bringing fans more magical products to experience the series."
Highlights from the new product line include:
- Talking Sofia and animal friends dolls and accessories from Mattel, complete with Sofia and three of her friends Clover the rabbit, Robin the robin and Mia the bluebird
- Magical Talking Castle from Mattel that features figures that “speak” when placed on the castle’s special base
- Transforming dress and magical amulet from Jakks Pacific features two dresses in one and comes with a free collectible magic lesson card to use with the interactive talking magical amulet
- Talking Clover plush from Jakks Pacific
- Bedding from Jay Franco available exclusively at Toys ‘R’ Us
- T-shirt from Freeze
- A digital magazine and “Story Theater App” from Disney Publishing coming this summer, as well as second storybook Sofia the First: The Floating Palace