Carnival Cruise Lines has partnered with Dr. Seuss Enterprises for Dr. Seuss-themed experiences aboard its fleet of 24 “fun ships.”
The Carnival Seuss at Sea program will see a variety of dining and entertainment experiences including themed food, character meet-and-greets, activities, story times and movie screenings.
“Dr. Seuss inspires imaginations across generations and encourages a playfulness and whimsy that is often lost in today’s ‘always on’ society,” says Susan Brandt, president, Dr. Seuss Enterprises. “We’re excited to be working with Carnival Cruise Lines to bring some of the timeless magic of Dr. Seuss to the families that sail each year. Seuss at Sea will let kids and parents alike explore their imaginations through the memorable onboard experiences we’re building together.”
The planned offerings are include:
- Every ship in the Carnival fleet will have a selection of classic Dr. Seuss books, toys and themed activities for children;
- The Cat in the Hat and Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas will be shown outdoors in the Seaside Theater on Lido Deck as part of the Dive-In Movies programming;
- On Carnival Freedom, which is undergoing a major refurbishment in May, and Carnival Vista, which debuts in early 2016, there will be a Dr. Seuss Bookville facility–a dedicated Seuss-themed play space featuring décor, colors, shapes and furniture inspired by the author’s whimsical world;
- A Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast with the Cat in the Hat and Friends will feature playful foods such green eggs and ham, moose juice, goose juice and colorful fruit and pancake stacks. Wait staff will be decked out in Dr. Seuss-inspired uniforms with popular characters such as the Cat in the Hat, Thing One and Thing Two and Sam joining guests at their tables photo opportunities;
- Seuss-a-palooza Story Time, A Rhyming Good Time, an interactive reading event, will feature some of the most beloved Dr. Seuss characters;
- A Seuss-a-palooza character parade will let guests join Dr. Seuss characters in a conga line along the Promenade; and
- An offering of Dr. Seuss-themed retail items will be available on the ships.
Roll out of the Seuss at Sea program will begin aboard Carnival Splendor in February with implementation across the full fleet by 2015, as well as Carnival Vista when that ship enters service in early 2016.
“Our youth and family programming continues to be highly rated and extremely popular with the millions of families who sail with Carnival, but we’re constantly challenging ourselves to uncover unique and interesting ways to further enhance our guest experience,” says Mark Tamis, senior vice president of guest operations, Carnival Cruise Lines. “We are thrilled to bring the fun, whimsical and wonderful world of Dr. Seuss to life for our guests of all ages to create even more fun and memorable moments during our cruise vacations.”