Peppa Pig, The Amazing World of Gumball and Room on the Broom were among the winner at the tenth British Animation Awards, held Friday in London.
The biennial awards honor achievement in animation that was produced in Great Britain over the last two years.
“We never ceased to be amazed by the astonishing strength and depth of the animation industry in this country, and 2014 is no different,” says Jayne Pilling, director, BAA. “We would like to congratulate all our worthy winners for once again pushing the boundaries of art, technology and innovation.”
Among the 2014 BAA winners were:
- Best Long Form: “Room on the Broom” (Max Lang & Jan Lauchauer, Magic Light Pictures
- Best Children’s Series: “Amazing World of Gumball: The Apology” (Ben Boquelet & Mic Graves, Cartoon Network Studio Europe/SOI Studio)
- Best Preschool Series: “Peppa Pig: Mr Bull in a China Shop” (Philip Hall & Joris van Hulzen, Astley Baker Davies for Nick Junior & eOne entertainment)
- Best Mixed Media Children’s Series: “Baby Jake: Popping Peas” (Maddy Darrall & Rafa Canales, Darrall Macqueen for CBeebies)
PUBLIC CHOICE AWARDS
- Favourite Film: Car Park by Ant Blades at Birdbox Studios and Buy Buy Baby by Gervais Merryweather NFTS (tie)
- Children’s Choice: “Amazing World of Gumball: The Apology” (Ben Boquelet & Mic Graves, Cartoon Network Studio Europe/SOI Studio)