Amazon Studios has given the go-ahead for six more original series for its Prime Instant Video online streaming service.
“We had a tremendous response to Amazon Studios’ latest pilots–in fact, double the number of customers watched these pilots compared to our first season and they posted thousands of heartfelt reviews with pleas for us to continue these shows,” says Roy Price, director, Amazon Studios. “Now the fun really begins–Amazon will be working with some of the most talented casts and creators in the business to bring six new shows exclusively to tens of millions of Prime members worldwide. These series, along with our summer kids’ programming, will give customers a lot of viewing choices.”
Among the new Amazon Originals are:
- “The After”–From the creator of “The X-Files” comes a story of eight strangers who are thrown together by mysterious forces and must help each other survive in a violent world that defies explanation.
- “Bosch”–Based on Michael Connelly’s best-selling book series about a relentless LAPD homicide detective.
- “Mozart in the Jungle”–a half-hour comedic drama about sex, drugs and classical music, that shows what happens behind the curtains at a symphony.
- “Transparent”–a dramedy about a Los Angeles family with serious boundary issues
- “Gortimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street”–a live-action series for kids ages 6 to 11 series is a coming-of-age tale that centers around Gortimer and his exploits on Normal Street.
- “Wishenpoof!”–written by the creator “Blue’s Clues,” this animated preschool series revolves around Bianca, who has “wish magic” where all her wishes come true.
- This summer, Amazon will also premiere its first three kids series “Creative Galaxy,” “Tumble Leaf” and “Annedroids.”