Amazon Studios is planning to produce five more original pilots for kids, following the positive response to its first three kids shows.
“We're very excited to be able to introduce these five original ideas and their talented creators to Amazon customers. After the success of our first pilots, we look forward to getting lots more fantastic feedback from kids and parents,” says Roy Price, director, Amazon Studios. “For the first time we are offering live-action and animated programming for older children and continuing with entertaining, educational programming for preschool aged children–it’s going to be a lot of fun.”
The pilots will stream on Amazon Instant Video and LOVEFiLM in the U.K. for customers to watch, provide feedback and help determine which shows should be produced as series.
The five kids’ shows for Amazon Studios’ next pilot season include:
- “Gortimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street”–A live-action adventure show that looks at the lives of three quirky tweens who live in a surreal world of eccentric characters and strange happenings.
- “Grid Smasher”–Combining puppetry and CGI animated, this series, created by Dan Clark (“Yo Gabba Gabba!,” “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”), follows Johnico and his team of rag-tag aliens as they compete to win the greatest game in the universe.
- “Hard-Boiled Eggheads”–Created by Duane Capizzi (“Transformers Prime,” “Men in Black: The Series”), this animated action-comedy series features two classified special agents who set out to correct the mistakes of science such as monsters made of toxic waste, mutants born of lab accidents and the occasional hostile alien.
- “The Jo B. & G. Raff Show”–An animated preschool series created by Josh Selig (“Sesame Street,” “The Wonder Pets”) that follows two best friends, Jo B. and G. Raff, who host of their own TV show.
- “Wishenpoof!”–Written by Angela Santomero (creator of “Blue’s Clues” and “Super Why”), this animated series follows Bianca, whose magical powers let her make wishes come true. This is Santomero’s second Amazon Studios pilot. Santomero’s first pilot, “Creative Galaxy,” is currently in production and scheduled to be available on Prime Instant Video and LOVEFiLM in early 2014.
Amazon Studios’ first pilots launched in April of 2013 with eight comedy pilots and six kids pilots. With the help of customer feedback, five of those 14 pilots were chosen and will be available on Prime Instant Video later this year and in early 2014.