American Greetings Properties has extended the contracts of many of its licensing agents around the world as it continues to expand its global licensing strategy.
Agents in Latin America, Australia, Asia, South Africa and Europe will continue to build the profile of brands in AGP’s character library, which includes Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, Holly Hobbie and Madballs.
“The relationships we share with our partners around the world are tantamount to the success of all of our properties,” says Carla Silva, vice president of global licensing, AGP. “These agents will play an integral role in continuing to strategically grow our current properties abroad as well as launching new properties globally.”
The recent renewals include:
- Exim Licensing in Latin America for Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, Maryoku Yummy, Twisted Whiskers, Madballs and Holly Hobbie;
- Wild Pumpkin in Australia for Care Bears, Holly Hobbie and Madballs;
- Global Licensing in New Zealand for Strawberry Shortcake;
- MedialinkPacific in China, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand for Care Bears;
- Medialink Animation in Hong Kong and Macau for Care Bears;
- Character Licensing & Marketing in South Africa for Strawberry Shortcake;
- JTL Licensing in Greece for Strawberry Shortcake;
- JTB Licensing in Turkey for Strawberry Shortcake;
- and Plus Licens in Albania, Belarus, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Armenia Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan for Strawberry Shortcake.