With the “Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures” TV series performing well in key markets and set to debut in a number of new territories (including Portugal, Italy, Australia, Mexico, Brazil, the Middle East, South East Asia, Latin and Central America and Germany) the year, 41 Entertainment has granted a swath of new licensees for the property.
New deals include:
- In France, Hachette is planning a full publishing line; Delcourt is creating comic book albums; Alcara will produce charms; two QSR promotions are lined up, one for this fall followed by another in spring 2015; Play by Play will design beanies; and Best will create a footwear line.
- In the U.K., Sambro will handle bags and stationery; More for Your Store is planning money tins; Palamon International has signed on for dress up and accessories; and Play by Play will develop beanies.
- In Iberia, Copywrite will handle backpacks and bags; Comercial Mercera will have patches and zipper pulls; Madhouse will launch mall events; Hot Shots will produce candy, wafers and cookies; Educa Borras will develop puzzles and distribute the K’Nex construction toy line; and Play by Play will develop beanies.
- In Mexico, where the TV series just launched on Televisa on April 4, Carvajal is planning notebooks; Granmark will make party supplies; Union Kids has signed on for apparel; and Multimusic will handle home entertainment.
- In Central America, Fabricas de Productos (Frito Lay) is planning a promotion on its salty snack products under the Cheetos brand and on Tazos TAZOS promotional products.
- In Brazil, Xeryus will handle backpacks; Tilibra is planning notebooks and diaries; Diplomata has signed on for backpacks and lunch boxes; Editora Alto Astral will publish coloring magazines and sticker albums; Festcolor will create party supplies; and PlayArte will handle home entertainment.
- In Israel, Global Brands has signed on for apparel; Orsun will produce home goods products; Glidot Strauss (Unilever) will create ice pops; Chagim Nechalim is planning stationery and backpacks; and Fine Design is developing light fixtures.
- In Benelux, van der Erve is planning apparel; Global Industry will produce wheeled toys and gift items; and Play by Play will design beanies.
- In Turkey, Biber will create mall events.